The Oklahoma State Department of Health updated its numbers for Friday, May 8, with a positive uptick for Bryan County.
The state’s site for reporting COVID-19 statistics on Friday listed two recoveries for Mead. There have three confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the west Bryan County town. One person’s death was attributed to the virus and with two recoveries this means that statistically on this date there are no active cases in Mead.
The overall number for Bryan County remains at 12, with the breakdown below:
• Durant | 7 reported cases (2 recoveries*)
• Mead | 3 reported cases (2 recoveries, 1 death)
• Bennington | 1 reported case
• Colbert | 1 reported case
* A recovery is defined as someone currently not hospitalized or deceased and 14 days after onset/report