Matt Thomas, Sports Information Director
BENTONVILLE, Ark. – Southeastern men’s tennis dominated Harding on Saturday morning to pick up a 4-0 win and take its second-straight Great American Conference Championship and third in the last four seasons.
The win lifts the Savage Storm to 10-6 overall on the season and will now wait for word on a potential regional berth.
SE opened the match with a win in the doubles point and posted a rally to do it.
After falling at one doubles, Danrich Kruger and Sandro Lena picked up a 6-3 win to even the doubles fight.
Milos Vuckovic and Juan Scoppetta would polish off the point by toughing out a 7-6 win in the third spot to give SE a 1-0 lead.
The momentum carried into singles play, with Benjamin Finet pushing the Storm lead to 2-0 with a 6-2, 6-2 win over HU’s Diego Pierola in the five position.
No. 3 ranked Scoppetta then lifted SE to a 3-0 advantage after picking up a 6-4, 7-5 win over Arthur Bellan at the one position.
Danrich Kruger would pick up the championship securing point by downing Harding’s Luis Tirado 6-2, 6-2 at the number four position to grab the 4-0 victory.
Southeastern 4, Harding 0
1. No. 19 Morgan Salvan/Alejandro Sendra (HU) def. Ondrej Nice/Benji Finet (SOSU) 6-1
2. Danrich Kruger/Sandro Lena (SOSU) def. Will Reeves/Pablo Trevino (HU), 6-3
3. Milos Vuckovic/Juan Scoppetta (SOSU) def. Arthur Bellan/Luis Tirado (HU) 7-6
ORDER OF FINISH: 1, 2, 3
1. No. 3 Juan Scoppetta (SOSU) def. Arthur Bellan (HU) 6-4, 7-5
2. Ondrej Nice (SOSU) vs. Alejandro Senrda (HU) 7-6, 4-2 UNF
3. Sandro Lena (SOSU) vs. Morgan Salvan (HU) 6-3, 2-6, 1-0 UNF
4. Danrich Kruger (SOSU) def. Luis Tirado (HU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Benjamin Finet (SOSU) def. Diego Pierola (HU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Milos Vuckovic (SOSU) vs. Will Reeves (HU) 6-2, 6-6 UNF
ORDER OF FINISH: 5, 1, 4