DURANT – The International Entertainment Buyers Association (IEBA) concluded its 49th Annual Conference on Oct. 29 with its Honors and Awards Ceremony. The Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant won Casino of the Year. This is its first time winning the prestigious industry award after being nominated four years in a row.
Business presented by KTC.
“We are extremely honored to win the Casino of the Year award by our industry peers, states Frank Deal, assistant general manager at Choctaw Casino & Resort- Durant. “It means so much to our team. This award spotlights the hard work and dedication our staff puts in every day to bring the best entertainment to southeastern Oklahoma.”
Sixteen other winners were announced for various entertainment awards varying from Club of the Year to Fair of the Year and others. The IEBA Industry Awards, celebrate those who work tirelessly behind the scenes of the concert business.
Other casinos that were nominated in Casino of the Year category were:
- Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa – Rancho Mirage, Calif.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa – Atlantic City, N.J.
- Foxwoods Resort Casino – Mashantucket, Conn.
- Parx Casino – Bensalem, Pa.
- River Spirit Casino Resort – Tulsa, Okla.
- Seven Feathers Casino Resort – Canyonville, Ore.
- Treasure Island Resort & Casino – Welch, Minn.
Other winners included:
- Club of the Year – Troubadour – West Hollywood, Calif.
- Ryman Auditorium Theater of the Year – The Fox Theatre – Atlanta, Ga.
- Arena of the Year – Bridgestone Arena – Nashville, Tenn.
- Amphitheater of the Year – Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, Colo.
- Fair of the Year – Ohio State Fair – Columbus, Ohio
- Festival of the Year – Stagecoach – Indio, Calif.
- Club Buyer of the Year – Josh Moore – The Bowery Presents
- Casino Buyer of the Year – Lori Otelsberg – Signature Entertainment
- Corporate Buyer of the Year – Rick Whetsel – G7 Entertainment Marketing
- International Buyer of the Year – Jim Cressman – Invictus Entertainment
- Fair Buyer of the Year – Todd Boltin – Variety Attractions
- Festival Buyer of the Year – Stacy Vee – Messina Touring Group
- Venue Executive of the Year – David Kells – Bridgestone Arena
- Young Professional of the Year – Zach Hartley – Paradigm Talent Agency
- Talent Agent of the Year – Adam Kornfeld – AGI
- Promoter of the Year – Darin Lashinsky – NS2